How to buy the best travel insurance in 2019
Welcome to yourtravelsk’s guide on How to buy the best travel insurance in 2019. Travel insurance as the name suggests insures your travel. Its a must to buy before the first day of your trip begins as it provides financial backup in case things go south.
The more you travel, the more you expose yourself to the risks associated with it. While there is no guarantee that things will always work as planned, but you can always have peace of mind knowing that you are covered when y
Insurance is always complicated and with so much information available online and so many options to choose from, it is easy to get overwhelmed. That is why I have created this guide to help you get the best travel insurance for your trip. Do understand that buying travel insurance is different from buying a flight ticket or hotel booking. You don’t want to buy the cheapest as the cheapest insurance options often don’t cover most and are often very difficult to get a claim. Instead, you buy travel insurance based on your needs.
When can travel insurance help
Travel insurance can cover a variety of situations. To name a few, It covers your severely delayed flight, baggage loss, illness, accidents or canceled trip due to unforeseen circumstances. If you have been in any of these situations before. You know how desperate one can become in these situations.
Are you already covered
Your Credit card and Health insurance may already provide some or all of the travel insurance that you may need. Check your credit card details and call your health insurance to know more.
Some of the coverage that a credit card provides are:
- Rental car insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Baggage assurance
- Roadside assistance
Big health insurance companies like Premera also have a global network of hospitals that are their preferred providers in case you need them in an emergency. Do check out their website to find out on the health coverage they provide in your country of visit. Check out their page on coverage while traveling https://www.premera.com/wa/member/my-premera-plan/coverage-while-traveling/
Club memberships may also provide some of the travel insurance you need or they may sell you travel insurance at a cheap rate. check out AAA travel insurance page here https://wa.aaa.com/insurance/overview
A few top websites where you can compare and buy travel insurance
Top travel insurance companies
A few of the top travel insurance companies
- world nomads: Best for backpackers and people on a tight budget
- AxaTravelInsurance: Lot of options and good for people who like to cover everything
Some other great options
Now that you have all the tools and knowledge to buy travel insurance. Let’s go through the process.
- Find out your travel insurance needs.
- Find out if you already have coverage.
- Use comparison websites to compare various insurance plans and come up with a list of insurance companies in order of most desired (by you) to least desired.
- Read online reviews of the travel insurance company that you have finalized and especially read on customer service, assistance in your country of travel and claim process. If you cannot find sufficient information on these or are not satisfied move to the next selection.
- If nothing in your selection works. Stick with “top travel insurance companies” and compare them by going to each of their websites. All these companies have a
standardclaim process and customer service.
You made it through. I know reading about insurance can be a very boring experience. But if you made it this far then you have taken the first step in making your travel experience less stressful. Now go ahead and buy the travel insurance you need.
Do tell me which points your favorite travel insurer and how was your claim experience with any of them. Remember guys whatever tips you share might help a fellow traveler. Do check out my other blog posts and like yourtravelsk.com on Facebook and Instagram. If you want to start a conversation do check out my twitter profile.